View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2002, 11:36 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Alaska sept14 average

We were on that same cruise, although we did not have an S suite. We had a verandah mini-suite and it was comfortable. The verandah was adequate in size and I don't think we would ever cruise without on. First crusie for us also. Our cabin steward was also NOT good. First thing we found was a 'dead' croissant wrapped in a dinner napkin and left sitting on the counter. Don't know how he missed that. We managed to spill a soda on the verandah first evening. Called for service and 90 minutes later our steward showed up and said he would clean it later when we went out of the cabin. One day he left damp towels (too damp to use). Sometimes our cabin was not cleaned until after 11:30 a.m. We also had a rotten orange but he NEVER removed it or replaced the fruit bowl. His name was Sahri. It may have been his first experience as a steward as I understand this is not typical service. We tipped him anyway but not sure what others would do in this situation??? Other than that we enjoyed the cruise. Did the renewal of vows ceremony and that was wonderful, much more intimate than we had anticipated. Will write a review and post as soon as I get caught up at home!