View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2003, 10:29 AM
rr

Default Re: DOES THE MAASDAM NEED REPAIRS ?

I too just returned from a 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Maasdam (4/20-4/27). What a great ship it was! My family (incl two kids, 9 & 11) thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I am a relaxed kind of person so those small things that some people like to complain about don't bother me. Yes, the toilets stopped working on our side of the ship for a couple of hours because of a circuit. Big deal. They fixed it. You're not in the cabin that much anyway.

The food, the service, the ship, the crew were amazing. One of the good things about it was you didn't feel crowded wherever you were.

My only complaints were: Other than lunchtime, only piped in music around the pools. I wanted that tropical feeling from the steel drums more. Second, Calvyn as a late night DJ stunk. His choice of music was awful and he wouldn't change. Didn't get much dancing in. Third, the entertainment was not great. However, Edge was awesome as a juggler and showman. The rest was so-so.

The ports were great. Half Moon Cay is beautiful. We had an amazing time touring the rain forest in Puerto Rico. If you go, book your own out front and ask Angel to go with Rafael. Worth every penny! St. Thomas wasn't much but we took the St. John Ecohike which was great. Nassau was bad weather and snorkel excursion was cancelled.

Embarkation and disembarkation process was smooth and easy. We were very sad that it was over and want to go again.

As long as you are into having a good time instead of complaining about the little things, you cannot go wrong with the Maasdam.