Thread: first timers
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: first timers

Deluxe Verandah Suites
Deluxe Verandah Suites feature two lower beds convertible to a king-size bed, bathroom with dual sink vanity, full-size whirlpool bath & shower & additional shower stall, large sitting area, dressing room, private verandah, sofa bed two persons, VCR, floor-to-ceiling windows.
Approximately 516 square feet including verandah
Category S

in addition to janeins post there is also a suite only event almost everyday from a cocktail party to a suite luncheon---tender passes which allow you to go to the head of the line------a place to stay when waiting to disembark -- the ability to keep your luggage til the morning you get off the ship rather then the nite before

concierge service in the private lournge. will book all your excursions and reservations make your reservation in the speciality restaurant etc etc a quiet place to drop in and have a snack -read the paper or catch a nap while watching the news on tv-like your suite isnt good enough

yes there is tipping although the hal policy doesnt make it easy for you to find out

most cruisers will generally tip as follows

cabin attendant 7.00 per day per couple
dining room steward the same as the cabin attendant
asst dining room steward 1/2 the dining room steward
if you use the wine steward on a daily basis 10 to 20 bucks depending on what he does and how ofter
dining room captain -if he puts in a visit and actually participates in the food service and or inquires about your meals 5 to 10 depending on the depth of his duties as it effects you
i always give 5 bucks to the mint guy at the front door to the dining room
when we go in for pre dinner drinks - we go to the same bar every nite and try to get the same wait staff- makes for nice conversation and they will learn your cabin number and your drink so by the 2nd or 3rd nite its like walking into your neighborhood cheers where everyone knows your name i leave 2 bucks per nite
if you are in a suite and use the lounge and depending on what the girls do for you a tip could range from 10 to20
room service -- if the delivery is made by my cabin attendant i dont tip him then but i add 2 bucks to his end of the week tip per delivery- if the delivery is made by a room service waiter then i tip 2. bucks

i realize that there will be posters who agree with my tipping schedule -there will be those who think i am overtipping and there are those who will think i am a cheapskate and last but not least there will be those who insist that you dont tip anyone on a hal cruise