View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Holland America in Canada New England 2006

Hello,

I just read this on the News & Features section of this website:

"Holland America Line is adding the port of Saguenay, Quebec to Canada/New England itineraries in 2006. Amsterdam and Maasdam will call at the new port on their 10-day cruises between April 28 and October 7, 2006. Maasdam will once again sail mainly between Boston and Montreal, plus a spring Ft. Lauderdale-Montreal sailing and a fall Montreal-Norfolk cruise, while Amsterdam will sail between New York and Montreal. "Saguenay is surrounded by three national parks, including a marine preserve, so the opportunities for wildlife and marine viewing, kayaking, fishing and flightseeing are exceptional. We're currently developing shore excursions around these activities, plus cultural, culinary and tree-top canopy tours" said Richard D. Meadows, CTC, senior vice president, marketing and sales. Meadows also noted that Canada/New England cruises are port-intensive and include a full day in Quebec City, consistently rated the most popular port on the itinerary. Holland America Line's Medallion Shore Excursions let guests enjoy a wide range of experiences from elegant tea at Quebec City's famed Chateau Frontenac to biking in Acadia National Park."

I had thought Holland America was not going to be in New England during the summer of 2006. Has there been a change, or have I misunderstood the article?
Sponsored Links