View Single Post
Old August 30th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Rita M. Ippoliti

Default Re: Am I Cutting it Too Close????

Thanks for all the great advice here. I decided to listen to it for the most part.

I will be flying out to San Diego on the 5th of January and spending one night pre-cruise at the Holiday Inn across the street from the cruise terminal. I was simply unable to get direct flights to San Diego from Philly and decided the stress was not worth it trying to fly down the morning of the cruise and praying I didn't miss a connection.

For the trip home on the 5th of February, I will be taking a flight which leaves San Diego at around 1:00 p.m. Having to make a connection in Salt Lake City, I will not get back to Philly until 11:22 p.m. I'm due in at work at 11:45. Of course, I realize that I won't make it. However, I'll make sure someone from the previous shift will hang around until I get there ... probably at around 1:00 a.m. or so.

I realize I will be very tired working this shift, but I was very lucky to be able to beg for another vacation day in order to fly out one day pre-cruise ... I won't take advantage and ask for another day post-cruise too. I'll just have to work tired the one night. I don't think that after a leisurely 30-day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific it will kill me. Sunday night is a really slow night at work anyway ... so maybe I can just take a nap there, if need be.

Blue skies ...

--rita