View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2003, 08:40 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Getting Cheaper???

I agree, too, Kitticat. We watched prices like a hawk up until final payment. It would have been several thousands of dollars cheaper for our group to cancel just before final payment, and rebook ten days later.
On our cruise, we paid $700 for suites which is still a good deal (on the Norway in March), but last weekend Travelocity had our same category of suite for $389 plus taxes which came to about $440. People in our group that had booked insides paid $560 each. So they paid over a hundred dollars more for an inside on the lowest deck than they could have paid for a suite with floor-ceiling windows, refrigerator, 280 sq ft, about nine decks up. In the cases of us who got suites, $700-$440 is $260 per person more. We have a total of nineteen people booked. (Yes, those who booked inside cabins are still stuck there - but they can pay for upsells.)
Even offering an onboard credit would be nice - and my TA tried for that this week - but to no avail. I just hope my wedding day goes nicely that week, and I'll be happy.