View Single Post
Old October 31st, 2003, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Hawaii shore excursions

In Maui. Kuai, Hilo,and Kona , wherever i said "we did" they were ships tours. Wherever
I suggest something else it was either something we did on our own or something we did two weeks ago when we were in Hawaii for a land based vacation.
My trip on the Wind was a few years ago. I don't know what you are hearing or reading but there is nothing wrong with this ship as far as I am aware. A lot of folks book the Norwegian ships and don't understand or get the best advantage of the freestyle dining options. There are certainly newer ships currently doing Hawaii, and before long there will be other new ones. For a smaller ship, the Wind has nice ammenities , is laid out nicely, rooms are reasonable size and comfortable and we found the staff to be quite attentive. They brought some Hawaiian entertainment onboard and it was in my mind an excellent cruise for the money. The way I looked at it, we could have sailed on the Mayflower and it would have been a great cruise. After all, the cruise was to Hawaii.