Thread: Just Returned!
View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Cruise Gal
Default Just Returned!

Hey everyone-

Just got back from sailing the NCL Dawn Feb15-22. What an amazing time I had! We didn't leave Sunday till 6:00, as a result of an accident that occurred nearby. Other than that, smoothe sailing- up until we hit 50 mph winds. WOW! What a rocky night we had. As a result of those winds, we switched the Bahamas with the private island. Instead of doing the island right after miami, we went to the Bahamas. Their island was rather nice. A few shops where you can buy souveniers, but nothing big.
To answer the question about soda cards, there are two choices you have. One is 20 dollars where you can get unlimited SODA for the week. The other is $34.50 and you can have twenty non-alcoholic drinks for the week- meaning you can have soda, slushes, pina cooladas, strawberry daquieres, etc. These soda cards are accepted anywhere onboard.
Something to add about the food. THERE IS A LOT OF IT!!!!!!!!! And the tell you the truth, the whole freestyle idea is a waste in my opinion. There are lines you have to wait on every night for dinner. One night, we had a 45 minute wait. You will constantly see people bringing hamburgers, fries, soda, etc. through the elevators, around the halls, up the stairs. Service is very slow whereever you go. We sat down to dinner around 6:15, hoping to make the 7:45 show. And you know what?? We left the restaurant WITHOUT having dessert at 8:00. Another reason why I dislike the freestyle is that everyone is always coming and going. It feels like you're at home in a diner. You stand up, someone comes to sit down. Everyone is always walking around. NOT a good way to spend time in a restaurant.
Bingo everyday became a little expensive. 50 dollars for four games, althought the prizes were 400 dollars a game.
Indoor spa is for ages 18 and over. Very quiet and relaxing. :-) Massage and facial were great, but over 100 dollars each!
The art auction was fun to watch. I still can't get over the fact that a man spent 88,000 dollars on a single painting, and a lady spend 13,000, but got a free cruise for two anywhere NCL sails. (She might as well book the cruise for two in a suite and forget the painting).
Shows were great! Very talented people. Had an amazing time!
Any questions feel free to ask! :-)

Cruisegal
Sponsored Links