View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2004, 10:51 PM
hokie

Default Kids Crew thoughts-port days etc.

Just returned from Wind with our 2 year old son. I had never cruised on NCL- but Celebrity and Carnival several times. We sailed Apr 3-10- which counselors said was the busiest week for kids- along with Christmas- by far. We chose NCL for 2 reasons- 1- most won't allow two year olds in kids program- BUT still charge full fare- and 2- Free style dining seemed best with a small child. Happy to report that both were great. The FS dining seemed great for parents with kids of all ages, as several times we saw groups of teens- sitting near- not with parents or saw teens at the casual restaurants doing their own thing- having a nice time. We usually did the buffet since our son was tired from all of these beachdays. We did eat 3 times in the nice rstrnts with our son and he did great. The wait staff in rests could not have been nicer , getting high chairs, and doting on our son. Kids Crew: I asked why they charge on Port days and why was it less extensive than other lines on port days- and the reason was simple: It was far too difficult to plan vast activities since most kids do not stay on ship, plus there is a great diff. in number of kids each week- Spring break DAWN had 1000 kids, Apr 18 they are expecting 200 ages 2-17. Renee and Christina were great counselors, and all kids we saw were having a great time. We put our son in the program for approx 10 hrs total, Some parents used it much more. Again- most teens 13-17 only used program as a starting point- so I would say those worried about port days- most teens we saw were at basketball courts, pools, hot tubs, shuffleboard - ping pong etc. Please ask if any specific Q's
Sponsored Links