View Single Post
Old May 30th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Tim Rubacky

Default Re: Re: Pride Of Aloha Crew Moved to Pride Of America

Paul,

Glad to hear that things have impoved on the Aloha - I knew they would and I can't wait to get back to Hawaii on NCL. When I sailed on her first voyage last year, there were things that needed improvement but I didn't see anything nearly as bad as the complaints some people were voicing.

Food and service in the dining rooms was good to very good (Every dinner I had was excellent) as a whole, with the biggest challenge being some of the snotty mid-level managers. The buffet was dismal but the pizza was REALLY good.

Every staff member that I interacted with was eager to serve, help or please even if there was a lack of training. A good attitude and 'can do' outlook seemed pervasive throughout.

I echo American Pride's comments that these kids need to be given a chance. I also think that a lot of travel agents over-sold this cruise as I encoutnered a lot of passengers who were accustomed to sailing HAL, Celebrity and Crystal. I have to wonder what the agents were thinking.

Overall, I had the time of my life on that vacation and I can't think of a better way to see Hawaii. All those islands in one week, all the overnight stays and the great excurions and tours they offer combined to make it a phenomanal trip. And like you, I did more in one week than I would normally do in two or three. I needed two days at home just to rest up afterwards.

I take my hat off to all the officers, staff and ebtire NCL organization for making these U.S. flag operations happen and successful. They've got a whole lot to be proud of , despite what the pundits and so called 'experts' say.

Tim