View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2004, 10:15 AM
rkamen

Default Re: REGATTA 2/20/05 Miami to Miami

Margy,
Thank you for your very honest information regarding an Oceania cruise. As far as being "port intensive", I could take or leave the ports. Even the larger ships are very quiet during port visits - which is perfectly fine.

I like the idea of open seating and country club casual. No nned to lug a Tux and all of the accessories that go with it. I would be game to give this a try - just need to convince my wife that it is time to get off the Mass Market ships and step up to a bit more elegance and refinement.

I can certainly do without the kids and teens running all over. For that reason alone we usually cruise the weeks right before the December Holidays, rather than the holidays themselves where everything is noisy and crowded.

I will contact my travel agent to get some idea of pricing. We usually book inside cabins, as we are rarely in the cabin. Any thoughts about cabin selection on the Regatta. It's really not a money issue, but why waste it on a verandah if we would never use it. When on baord - we prefer to be in the public areas and meet and mingle with fellow passengers.

Bob & Penny