View Single Post
Old February 5th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Maui Mike

Default Re: MSC Cruise Line - MSC Lirica

I found this review on another site. I am booked for April and considering cancelling my cruise.

We were 3 couples sailing on this cruise. This was the inaugural cruise in the US. We all thought that this trip was a big disappointment. Food was awful. Service to passengers was rude and seldom helpful. The USA hostess was not at all interested in passengers comments, requests, etc. There was no prepared decaf coffee, only packaged decaf, all of the food was poorly prepared, no seasoning, terrible presentation and almost inedible. Had sour milk the last day of cruise as well as pepper that was inedible due to odor emanating from shaker, ship ran out of butter and we were told that there were no english muffins, etc. We all had outside cabins that were acceptable. One of our group got ill and doctors on board and in hospital in Grenada said he should use wheelchair on board ship for duration of trip. None were available. We were told there were only 4 on board for 1,500 passengers. Not acceptable. On board music was missing, no messages from the captain except in emergency, in cabin tv not satisfactory. On 11 day cruise there were only 2 selections for in cabin movies, CNN did not come in half of the time and when it did, the reception was poor. A "cinema" day and night was advertised in brochure but there were no movies on board except for an afternoon opera. Lounges on pool deck were not comfortable at all. Entertainment was adequate. Most enjoyable entertainment was Les Brown, Jr. and his Band of Renown in the Lirica Lounge nightly. "Animation Team" was, most of the time, silly and slap stick. I intend to contact MSC directly as well as travel agent who booked trip for us. I think this cruise line needs to really reevaluate its service.....