Thread: delivered gifts
View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2000, 09:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: delivered gifts

We were on the Grand in May - our friends were married off the ship in St. Thomas at Bluebeard's Castle - absolutely wonderful, perfect, intimate. We were their attendants. Since it was a 2nd marriage for both and they wanted something low key this was a perfect choice. I got one of the Princess gift catalogs from our travel agent and copied it for close friends who sent gifts to them. They were so pleased and happy. The only thing is --- Princess did NOT pay attention to the instructions of delivering the gifts (actually they are vouchers) to them on Wednesday the day of their wedding. The vouchers were delivered to them on Monday - the voucher did indicate the specific gift, personal message and the person who sent it which was very nice. The gifts selected needed to be picked up by them in the gift shop with the voucher. I had visions of the actual gifts being delivered to them on Wednesday to their cabin. Still in all they were so pleased and happy that we went through the effort to make their special day even more special. You need to know the correct info to fill out the order form - booking #, sailing date, name of ship etc. The required information is on the top of the order form. Since there was going to be multiple orders I filled out the info and then copied the order form simplifying it for the people placing the orders. Can't remember if the wine was delivered or they presented the voucher in the dining room. All in all it is well worth taking the time to place an order to suprise someone.