View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2000, 12:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default RE: Back to Back Cruises

We had tentatively booked a back to back on the Century, Western Carib.
7 days then Eastern Carib. the following week for 7 days (Nov/Dec). We had a great deal on the cabin due to early booking and were not given any indication from either Celebrity or our TA of any additional discount for the back to back. We also wanted a longer cruise and to experience Celebrity Cruises.
Another reason for booking the same ship back to back was the "luxury" of having the same cabin each week and not having to pack up and leave with the rest of the passengers.
As time passed (we booked almost a year in advance) we got to thinking that maybe it would be nice to experience another ship for one of the weeks. I had asked for some advice in the message boards,and it was only then that I clued in to the fact that menus and entertainment was the same each week. We still wanted to experience the Century but agreed that we didn't want to see the same menu and entertainment 2 weeks in a row.
Since the Ryndam was sailing from the same port and doing the same itinerary as one of our weeks on the Century and since the price was the close to what we were already paying, we decided to "jump ship" and booked her for the Western Carib. We're happy with our decision as we haven't cruised with HAL since 1993 on the Westerdam and 1994 on the Noordam.
We don't think it'll be a big deal packing up and both ships leave from the same port so there's no inconvience there. Now we're really interested in the differences we'll find between these two cruise lines; food, service, ammentities, entertainment etc. I must state that we depart on every cruise with a positive attitude and the intention to make it a great vacation. We do not intend to "pick apart" each cruise ship looking for problems and such, we're happy with our decision and actually a little more excited now.
Whew! what a lengthy discourse! Hope I didn't bore you with all the extra details and hope our experience helps you make the right decision for yourselves.
Only 42 more days!
Ashley