View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2000, 01:44 PM
Carole Dunham

Default RE: Cape Horn cruise

One of the most dynamite shore excursions ever is in this part of the world if you're willing to pay the very expensive (over $1000) price for it. I believe it leaves from Ushaia. It's flightseeing over Antarctica! I would take both warm weather and cold weather clothes. Although it's summer in the Southern hemisphere, you will be passing many glaciers and whenever you're in the ice you need warm clothes. You will love this cruise. I was supposed to be going over the holidays but my cruise companion died. The scenery is supposed to be some of the most beautiful in the world. Puerto Montt was settled by Bavarians and is very German in it's looks. Also it is a beautiful resort. From Valparaiso, why not go to Vina del Mar, Chile's main resort and not at all far from either Santiago or Valparaiso. Royal Princess ( is this your ship?) is a gem, at 40,000 she's just the right size. All cabins are outside with full bath facilities. She was the first ship to feature large amounts of verandah cabins. I sailed her second cruise, a Mexican Riviera Christmas cruise in 1985. She was radical for her time and she still is amazing.

Carole