View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Transpacific Cruises

We are doing the reverse repositioning on this itinerary in April and will be glad to share a report with you. Starting in Osaka on 21 April ending up in Vancouver on 9 May and staying over two nights. Do plan on a pre cruise package in Vancouver. It is beautiful, clean and friendly and the exchange rate is in OUR favor.

Not too worried about the Pacific. I take meclizine every day (ask your doctor for prescription - more pills for far less than Bonine) just to make sure. It doesn't make me sleepy and I don't have to be concerned about missing anything because of mal de mer.

We just did a Transatlantic crossing from Cannes to Barbados on the new Royal Clipper - 5 masted 500' sailing ship. First night and day out of Cannes was the worst storm we have ever been in. So I think we have had our storm of the century. Rest of the 21 day trip was fine!

The trip on the Regal Princess takes us to places we've never been for a price we didn't mind paying so we are really looking forward to it. Be sure to give your travel agent your Past Passenger numbers - you can get a slightly better rate and higher eligibility for upgrade if available. She/he might also keep checking with Princess about specials even after you have booked. We started in a Cat G guarantee, and I kept watching in the computer at the agency, found a special for less and used the difference to get us all the way up to Cat C with a cabin assignment.

Bon Voyage! Go for it!

Ruth Kuehn
Fort Myers FL