View Single Post
Old August 5th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Need Advice on Alaska

Marie,

It's also possible to combine

>> a Northbound "Voyage of the Glaciers" cruise from Vancouver to Seward (Anchorage) with

>> a Southbound "Alaska and the Yukon" cruise-tour that consists of a land tour from Anchorage to Skagway, connecting with a four-day "Inside Passage" cruise from Skagway to Vancouver

and get to see everything in one trip. My parents did this back in 1993, and had the time of their lives. Princess was very helpful in putting the two packages together into a seemless whole. My parents also received a significant discount for combining two packages back to back. You probably also could combine the two packages in the reverse direction if you prefer.

It's true that Princess's land tours are somewhat more expensive than other operators, but Princess's "Wilderness Lodges" throughout Alaska, "Midnight Sun Express" railcars, and custom motorcoaches also are a lot less primitive than other operators' accommodations and transportation. Thus, I cannot agree with Cheryl's opinion that other operators provide better value. It's a question of what you want when you go to Alaska.

Have a fantastic trip, whatever you decide.

Norm.