View Single Post
Old August 11th, 2001, 09:03 PM
Carole Dunham

Default Re: What are the advantages in booking early?

I book early most of the time. I booked the May 19, 2002 sailing of Pacific Princess with my long time travel agent who is AmEx affiliated. I book a long time in advance because I like to do that. My TA is very good about checking rates weekly to find out if they're dropping or not and she passes savings on to me. On this particular sailing I am told there will be fare reductions through AmEx and she knows they will affect this particular sailing. Since it is early, we don't know by how much but evidently AmEx is great about special rates when a ship is leaving the fleet. I booked a particular category of cabin since their location is perfect, not that a 20,000 ton ship has a whole lot of horrible locations, and there are only 16 of those cabins onboard. Everything she has told me that is going to happen on a cruise has happened and I trust her to come through for me this time too. Besides which, it's fun to think of all that time you have to wait. At my age, time marches by in quick step, .

Carole