View Single Post
Old January 5th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Princess Di

Default Re: Regal Princess: Aus/NZ review (just got off)

G'Day, Mate,
What a God-send you are, She. I have been researching the websites for information on ports. I have a mini-suite with my friend's Mom for 8 Dec. on Star. I would have preferred the Regal, just to see the ship because I know she is leaving the fleet. I am a cruise counselor at PC and have been on 2 visits to the Star, but I prefer the smaller ships. I took my family (2 teenage grandchildren and daughter and son-in-law) to Bermuda last June on the Pacific Princess because I knew we would be out of Bermuda after this year and I wanted to do the Love Boat.
I have also booked Arthur in Dunedin. I knew he would be good - I hope we get him. We have been corresponding by e-mail. Funny thing, he didn't want any money up front. Just said to bring green cash. I don't know if he wants Kiwi dollars or U.S. I am also Scots, so we should do well together.
I would like to know if you have information on small or private tours in other ports. I corresponded with Frances Kay in Hobart but she wants way too much money. Joan & I arrive Auckland on 2 Dec and will have a week. I want to do Rotorura & Taupo (the zorbing sound fun - did you see it?) and of course the glow worms. I am conflicted between Cormandel, Bay of Plenty, and Bay of Islands. Of course, we will do the usual in Auckland the last 2 days before boarding.
After debarking on 20 Dec, I plan to fly to Cairns & GBR, Darwin (Kakadu), Alice Springs for Ayers and Olgas, then see Sydney before flying back to LAX on 29 Dec. December is slow season at PC and I have saved up my vacation time for this dream cruise. Right now (Jan through April) we call the 'Wave' season at work because it gets real busy - lots of O.T.
23 pages are still printing. I love your verboseness. Is that a word? Annmarie, my daughter is sailing the 30-day Regal cruise and I am glad to know about the bed/luggage problem as she plans to lock her laptop in her luggage so she knows to take a small valise (with a locking strap) also. We will be stopping at Wellington (but not Adelaide). So I will really appreciate any port (shorex) ideas or operators you know of.
Please write me:
donnaiworldtravel@earthlink.net

Fair Winds and Following Seas,

Princess Di