View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2003, 07:20 PM
RareCruiser

Default Re: Princess - Anti War Show! Read This

My wife and I went on this same cruise and loved it. My last cruise was 20 years ago on my honeymoon! Neither that particular show nor that particular number ruined my cruise. Who doesn't want peace? No problem with that. Personally, I've always disliked the song, "Imagine". Because knowing what I know of John Lennon and his views on life in general, the song is basically Communist in nature. That's why I dislike it. I did feel that particular song was done in such a way as to make it stand out among the others. You'd have to be blind not to have noticed that. It was clearly making a political statement. However, I attribute that to the basic international flavor of the crew and probably most of the folks in charge of producing it. That's ok, I can accept that, because most of the rest of the world doesn't agree with this war, and entertainers tend to be more liberal in general anyway. The worst thing I did was to simply not applaud at the end of that song, but I applauded at the remaining songs. I just have a hard time acknowledging that song for what it is. Life's too short to let one thing like that ruin my hard earned vacation though!
RareCruiser