View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2003, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Camera film & luggage scanners

Our photographers shooting digitally use cameras that cost the price of a two week cruise in the penthouse suite on a Crystal cruislines cruise. So I am not an expert on consumer priced cameras.
Can only recommend this, think about what you are going to do with the photos. For snap shot sized photos or for emailing 2 mega pixels is Way More than enough.
Get a camera that has optical and well as digital zoom. (typical point and shoot zoom
film cameras are 1.5 to 3x optical zoom). Best bet is to read something like Consumer Reports to get an idea as to what is good. Once you buy the camera, don't look back.
Like computers, the price will be lower and technology better almost as fast as you buy the camera. I have my digital over 3and a half years now. It was state of the art at the time and $800. Now it is about 3 generations old and I could replace it for about $3 to $ 400 dollars. I still cannot replace the years I've had it, thousands of photos taken and shared. Used it Christmas day , took 75 photos of the grandchildren opening presents.
Enjoy your cruising and photo taking