View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Passenger

Default Re: finally home from Caribbean Princess

I can't remember the Capt's name very well, but he did a great job keeping the ship in great weather. we only a couple of cloudy days and no rain. coming back the ship was a bit rocky - you could really feel the pitching & rolling. but that's because we were trailing what was left of the hurricane.

Check to see if the 9-18 sailing is all booked. If so, then there's almost no chance for an upgrade (but being persistent might help). the ship will also be very crowded. there were lines for pursur's desk, excursions, dining reservations. on almost all the days there were plenty of people in the pools. lots of kids & teens.

we were on Carib, deck 10 with a balcony category BA which i think had the largest balcony (along with deck 9)

the ship was huge and took us a couple of days to remember which way is foward & aft while going to the Horizon court. this was one reason we didn't want a cabine on the higher decks - too much traffic. although they did disembark earlier.

hint: ask for purple luggage tags by saying you have an early flight. i don't know if they'd check, but it's worth a shot. Disembarkation started at 8:15, and we were at the airport by 9:45 for a 11:20 flight. I'd felt better if we left the ship earlier.

the food was very good, althought on the 8th & 9th day we stopped asking for 2 servings of shrimp cocktails. At the rate the ship was going, there might've been a food shortage. The service was pretty good considering the ship was at capacity.

If you've with Carnival, then this would be a better experience. I'd imagine Carnival has nightly entertainment. If you like those, then CP's probably would be nice.

My personal (& minor) complaints are:
1. The ship was very crowded with 3000+
2. The ship did not appear "new" and showed signs of wear and tear. more noticable than the Golden Princess (our 1st trip)
3. Repeated shows for entertainment. About half of the shows were re-used on different nights. they could've had more activities
4. A couple of crew members who were a bit confrontational & spoke back to the passengers.

Overall, the cruise was fantastic.& i'd do it all over again, regardless if we had the extra 2 days free