View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Dan Smith

Default Re: What to expect on a longer cruise?

Well,
I have been cruising a long time and think thet you wiill find that 20's on the Raddison will put you in the age of her younger crew......

I first went when I was 55 and found I was the youngest aboard.......ok.
However there was good interaction with others of all ages. Its how you present yourself that is the key. The lectures are outstanding and your fellow passengers are very educated and travled..... fun to talk with and non pretentious.

Having been on crystal.... I find the food on Radisson to be much better... I say this as a foodie..... also the relaxed professional demeanor of the crew.....it is like your sailing with friends...... Crystal, I found ,nickel and dimed you every day.....unlike Radisson. Almost everything is included . The Variety of the food in all 4 Restauraunts is better I think..... others have only 2....

Radisson has better shore excursions and bigger, nicer cabins..... largest at sea in any cat. Huge walkin closets and Baths.......and that is the standard cabin... which is 33% bigger than a Crystal penthouse........

The Mariner is the best ship of the fleet....... in my experience..... a class act.
Oh.... they have a strict dress code. even on deck after 6 requires Jacket and slacks.
Most dress well 24-7... you will enjoy the adult.... no kid atmosphere. I do

Dan