View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2000, 11:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default RE: back from the Explorer...

Hi Denise,
We stayed in a category D6...on deck 6 balcony. We had lot's of room, and from the comments made on the ship...the Explorer is completely toned down as compared to the Voyager...even the rooms.

The colour scheme in our bathroom was aqua and blue...it really was lovely and I didn't find it to vibrant. In our room it was a mixture of rose, brown and blue (if I remember correctly).
The entertainment was excellent as I said. The ice show "Explore a New World" is a must see...included in the ice show is the acrobatics of Robert Stempfl's.
We had comedians...they were hilarious...and one night (I missed this show but heard excellent reviews) the group "beatlemania".

The food like I said was awesome...we never tried Portifino's ($20 each) as the food in the dining room was excellent. The desserts were all fantastic... Johnny Rockets on deck 12 is also a must try.
I had some reflexology done at the spa...the spa is beautiful and the staff is very professional.

The Royal Promenade is gorgeous...and don't miss the free Ice Cream bar by the Promenade Cafe.

Royal Caribbean gave us a bottle of Dom Perignon one evening as a thank you for being the first couple married aboard the Explorer.
Although a free cruise would have been nice...hahahhahhahha...just kidding, I miss cruising so much that's all.
We are already planning our next cruise...yes I am addicted...

If you have anymore questions...I be happy to answer them.
by the way...I'm jealous....how many days until you sail on the Explorer?

KimDenise wrote:
>
> I think it's so neat that you two were the "first" to be
> married on the Explorer. Congratulations!! Did they (RCCL) do
> anything special for you? We're sailing on her in April and
> were on her sister last April. Other than the decor, it's
> probably much the same. What type of cabin were you in and
> what was the color scheme? We were in the RFS on the Voyager
> and it was orange tones (yuk). We have the same cabin again
> and am hoping they tone down on the orange. Thanks...Denise :-)