View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2002, 08:37 AM
First Mate

Default RCCL Drink Packages

My wife and I are cruising on the Voyager in about a month. This is only our second cruise and first with RCCL. We have a few questions regarding the drink packages available on the Voyager.

The first question relates to wine packages. What type of wine packages are available. From what I've seen in books and on the Internet, it appears that RCCL offers a basic wine package for approximately $109 for a 7 day cruise. My wife and I know our wines fairly well and know that this package will offer some fairly basic wines since the price averages out to be about $15.57 per bottle. However, I have not seen what wines are included in this package. Does anyone know which wines are included in this package and? Is the price I saw correct? Also, is there a premium wine package? On our previous cruise, which was on Disney, Disney offered a premium wine package, which offered better wines, but at a higher price. Is there such a premium wine package on RCCL. If so, how much is it for a 7 day cruise and what wines are included?

The second question relates to drink cards. What type of drink cards are available on the Voyager? I checked on RCCL's website, and all it talked about was the Royal Cocktail Card, which, from my calculations, is a decent but not great deal. Are there any other drink cards that offer a better deal than the Royal Cocktail Card? I read in a review of a trip on the Voyager that there is essentially a length of stay drink card, i.e., you pay one fee and have unlimited call brand drinks and domestic beers for the length of the cruise. I have not seen this mentioned anywhere else. Does it exist? If so, how much is it? My wife and I do not drink much, but we enjoy a drink by the pool and before a show so we would like to get as good a deal as possible.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links