View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2002, 05:37 AM
Beginner

Default Celebrity Millenium vs. RC Explorer, Voyageur, Navigator

My wife and I (I am 36, she is 31) -- first time cruisers -- are considering the Celebrity Millenium vs. RC Explorer of the Seas, Voyageur of the Seas, Navigator of the Seas. We will be going February 8 on a 7 day Carribean cruise (Western if possible) out of somewhere in Florida, assuming there is still room when we book. We want to get the best price possible, and it seems like waiting until 6 weeks out can lead to the best prices, though often room selection is not great. It seems that we should be able to get a great deal for Feb. 8, as it's after the holiday rush and before Spring break.

We are more interested in a great boat and itinerary than a great room. An inside room or lower end ocean view will be fine. My priorities are the best ship possible, service, activities, exercise facilities, food, and other people with similar interests to meet -- in that order. My sense is that the food on Celebrity is better, but that the exercise facilities on the 3 RC boats listed above may be better (especially a greater number of cardio workout machines). Someone told me that the Millenium is "closed off" and does not have a lot of outdoor space compared to the RC boats. We don't need 5 star restaurant food, but we want the food to be good. My sense is that Celebrity draws a slightly older crowd than RC, though Celebrity seems to be diverse in age. We would like a good number of people in their 30s and 40s, though we don't want a bunch of rowdy young 20-somethings.

Any suggestions on what types of rooms or even particular room numbers on the above referenced RC boats that are cost-effective yet decent (e.g. middle of boat)?

Also, any recommended travel agencies?
Sponsored Links