View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2003, 08:49 AM
BillG

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Millenium vs. RCI Radiance of the Seas

As much as the extra sea day is appealing to a veteran cruiser like me, I think the Radiance's itinerary is more attractive. Everything has tradeoffs however, and the price of flying to Puerto Rico as opposed to Florida should be factored in. Service seems to be described as somewhat more reserved and formal on Celebrity, more friendly and outgoing on RCI but so much of that really depends on the servers you encounter and what you are looking for on your cruise. Both ships have received high praise ( I can only speak for the Radiance, and it is a beautiful ship IMHO) so you probably can't go wrong whichever you choose. You should be able to have a romantic time on either ship, but Radiance may also offer a wider range of entertainment and activities geared to folks your age for those times you want to join with your fellow cruisers. While you say that this will be your first cruise, you don't indicate what other travel experience you have. If you have never been to the Caribbean before, either itinerary should provide you with a good sampling of what the region has to offer. I guess you should just choose one and go with it. I don't think you will be seriously disappointed whichever ship you choose. Go for it and let us know your conclusions when you return. Bon Voyage