View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2003, 06:49 PM
Default Re: Spirit, Panama Canal Nov 1, 03

Hi, KJ. My husband, Josť and I will also be on the Spirit 11/1/03. By the time it rolls around, it will have been 17 months since we booked it, so we are really looking forward to it. Are you going, or just your mother?

We will be venturing out on our own in Puerto Vallarta. I have been there many times. I have friends who live there, and before I met Josť I used to go there with my daughter all the time. I want to hire a cab and do a city tour and go down to Mismaloya Beach so that Jose can get an overview of the area. Then I think we will just walk around the old part of the city and shop and eat, and have a beer or two. If my friends can get away from work to spend a few hours with us that will be an added bonus!

I've never been to Ixtapa or Acapulco, but I doubt if we'll do organized ship's tours because we both speak Spanish and we can just hire a local guide.

My husband is from Costa Rica, and we haven't decided yet whenter to invite all the kids and grandkids to come from San Rafael de Heredia to Puntarenas and do a beach day with them, or hire a car and go honme for the day. We have a little house there.

We are really hoping that we do stop in Cartagena. Everything we've ever heard and read about it makes it sound like a lovely port, and we would hate to miss it.

E-mail me if you would like to pan a get-together.