View Single Post
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Thanks for nothing Royal Carribbean

The same type of thread is going on all the cruise line message boards who's ships were stuck with the same situation.

I agree, it would have been nice if the cruise lines offered some sort of shipboard credit for the change in itin, as a gesture (at least it would have allowed for the purchase of a sweatshirt or fleece).

The fact remains, and somewhat amazes me, that some people expect the cruise lines to accept all the responsibility for the changes they had no control over.

Some people think they are making a reasonable request asking the cruise lines to simply give them the full fare credit for a future cruise. In fact, that's the same as asking for a full refund. They'd have had to sail with those cabins empty, and no revenue.

I realize, and agree, that itinerary is pretty important to people, when they choose their cruises. If that's the case, these same people should also look into booking at a time where the likelihood of problems on that itinerary is at its lowest. And even then, there are NO guarantees.
And I think it's unreasonable to expect the cruise lines to supply the guarantee.

If you are are flying to meet a cruise, and weather delays your flight, and you miss the ship, do you expect the air line to compensate you for your cruise?
Some of the arguements made here would suggest you do, but that wouldn't happen either.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/