View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Mona

Default Re: Brillance of the seas

Set4Cruz - We are sailing on 2/16/04.

Linmor - Agree with Cathy about the Seaview, although we usually went late at night. I didn't find too much on the dinner menus some nights so needed a late night nosh. Food I did order from dining room was generally good, I got pasta much of the time. Windjammer is ok for lunch, but has alot of the same thing over & over so gets very boring by the end of 11 days. Have no personal experience with Portofino's or Chops but others at our table raved about them.

The pool was very crowded, especially on sea days. Chair hogging, etc. We ended up on upper decks to avoid the crowd. The Solarium pool was very relaxing and fewer chair hogs.

Other items - Ship has a great many activities (rock wall, mini-golf, cinema) that were underutilized. Lots of public space so the crowds were never felt except by the pool.

Suggest you browse through all reviews for this ship on this site plus CruiseCritic and CruiseAddicts. Each person will focus on different areas and give you a variety of opinions on all aspects of this ship.

Mona

PS - be sure to look for the fishermen outside the glass elevators - I think they're on the top deck on the sea-side. There are lots of clever added touches on this ship. You can spend a whole day just exploring.