View Single Post
Old April 12th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Just back from Grandeur Cruise, questions?

Hiya,
The cruise director Tom is outstanding and he sets the tone for the entertainment.
The singers and dancers were good but the comedian was really stellar. We also had the Coasters do a show and they were great The magician was predictable but the kids adored him and Hubs and I had to admit to finding it fun too. The game shows and horse races were really lots of fun and then there are things like the parade of nations and Grand Buffet that are entertainment unto themselves.
The food was great in the dining room (with wonderful theme nights and performances by the wait staff that shouldn't be missed.) The food in Windjammer is "adequate" but typical bulk buffet fare is always just that.
Go to the South Sea lounge to just relax and watch the sea go by with drink in hand indoors and if you want a quiet spot outside to relax, hubby and I always headed to deck 11 above the explorer area and enjoyed it there, proximity to the main pool and hear what's happening but out of the way enough to turn it all off if you want to.
Don't apologize for questions! I was a first timer and think this board really prepared our family for what to expect
Have a great time!!
Elizabeth