View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2004, 11:16 AM
nicpon1965

Default Re: Just back from Grandeur Cruise, questions?

I just got back from the grandeur of the seas with my 3 children (now I really need a vacation!!!) The ship itself is in very good condition. The food was very good on all levels. The Royal Carribean dancers and singers were excellent. My kids really enjoyed the shows. Belize City is a dump!!! If you don't book an excursion, don't leave the gates. Costa Maya was excellent. You have to visit the Tequila Beach Club and Marajual. I have never seen more blue water. Cozumel was OK very touristy. We went to Playa Del Sol, very clean but crowded as we had seven cruise ships in port that day.
My only complaint is my room 3156 which was right below the Great Gatsby Kitchen. I was awoken every night at 3:00am to the tremendous banging and dropping of stuff on the floor. Do not book a room in this area. Our stateroom attendant Thomas did a very good job. All in all it was a good but tiring cruise with 3 children. Royal Carribean did a fine job and when I cruise again. I would definitely consider RCCL but I would make sure my room was not under the kitchen!