View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: What do you take in your carry-on?

It took a lot of practice, we got used to it from traveling in Italy. Having to board trains to go from Rome to Florence to Venice etc. You learn to mix and match for one, for another you just use the laundry facitlities. It only takes an hour out of your time and adds a much lighter load for you .We find it much easier not only boarding and disembarking from the ship but also from the plane, taxis etc. The less stress that I have on my vacation leaves more room for fun and relaxation! The first 10 day cruise I went on I brought to much stuff. I wore my bathing suit and wrap most days. The hubby wore his bathingsuit and t shirt. I love to dress up for dinner so I try to match my dresses with the same shoes. Shoes take up a lot of room. Then I lay them all out on my bed, one on top of the other, then roll them up tight. this not only saves lots of room in the suit case but prevents wrinkling! Hope I helped.
We are headed for the Bahamas next month on the Majesty. This is my first day cruise. It will be a quicky but will be fun I am sure.
Happy Sailings!