View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:28 PM
First Mate

Default Explorer of the Seas...just back

I hate to be a spoiled sport but I think that the Explorer or the Seas has gone a little downhill in food and service.

I went on my first cruise in May 2002 on the Explorer of the Seas and thought it was fantastic. I just went on its May 1, 8-night Eastern Caribbean and I was a little disappointed in the service, food and cleanliness of the ship.

I found the service to be not as good as two year's ago. No one came around to offer coffee at the Windjammer in the morning. You had to go looking for spoons. The drink glasses are for 3-year olds, no more large glasses.

The staff hardly says hello to you. Our cabin attendant never came by to introduce herself and show us the cabin. I met her in the hallway and had to ask her her name.

Our cabin, balcony 7586 needed its rug shampooed and the couch was thread-worn. The bathroom was clean and in good working order.

Our dining room service was not great. A lot of mixed up orders, steak not cooked to our order. Lobster was a tad small. In the end though the food picked up by the end of the cruise. Service was a little better. I got the feeling that they didn't quite understand English that well and it became a problem.

I also found that the martinis were not great and every bartender made the same one differently.

One day I wanted a latte and the machine was broken. I went back the next day for one and we had to wait 10 minutes for it to boot up. When I finally got the lattee, it was cold and full of froth. Since I had taken it to my room before I drank it, I didnt' want to take it back. Its was the last one I bought.

Even the shows were the same as two year's ago, no change there. They were fabulous though and loved all over again.

Portofinos was okay, but I think the service there also changed since two year's ago.

Okay, enough of my bi%#*ing.

I hate to be one of those critics that compares cruises to cruises, but I just came off the Summit in December and I would go on that ship every year to the Caribbean in a heartbeat. Great service, friendly staff, great food, great martinis, nice room etc.....the most relaxing cruise I have every taken.

Since I'm limited on cruises and the price I can pay, I have to say RCL lost me as customer. I've moved over to Celebrity.
Sponsored Links