View Single Post
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:29 PM
linda418

Default Re: Any recommendations

After reading all these message boards I was aprehensive about bringing my two daughters ages 8 and 13 to Ochos Rios. So we booked our tours through RC and went to Dunn's River and Dolphin Cove where my husband and daughters swam with the dolphins. After we climbed the Falls we purposely walked through the market that everyone says to avoid just out of curiosity and adventure. I had prepared my kids for the worst senarios and told them not to talk to anyone and if any one asks them if they want to buy something to just politely say no thank-you. These people couldn't have been nicer or more polite themselves. One gentleman even commented to my husband what a lucky man he was to have such a beautiful family. Ocho Rios became our favorite Island of the whole cruise and we already booked another trip in December on the Voyager to the same Itenerary. IMHO Grand Caymen is where you should be careful. The locals were rude and pushy and impatient from all the tourists and the Island is way overcrowed. I know Grand Cayman used to be very special but I think it has gone way down hill recently.