View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Port Carnaveral Logistics

Last year we flew into Orlando a few days before our cruise out of PC and rented a car from Budget. I grew up on Merritt Island/Cocoa Beach so I wanted the freedom of travel. There is a WalMart and Target on Merritt Island for last minute items like water and soda. We turned the car in the morning of the cruise at their location across the street from the port. They have a free shuttle that took us to the port and we were the first ones there. There was no crowd or wait for vans to load up. We stayed at the Hampton Inn on A1A, 3 miles from the port. They offered free Internet and breakfast for $63. We saw the Avis location around there also. We stayed at the Radisson the year before for about $110, no amenities. Yes it is a very nice hotel but the cruise crowd in the morning was awful, even with specific shuttle times. Lots of pushing and shoving! Now they also shuttle cruisers from the Quality Suites. I believe the Comfort Inn and Suites offers a cruise/car package also but I've only stayed there for high school class reunions. If you have a Sunday cruise and arrive early, be sure to go to Grills Saturday night before 4pm and watch the ships leave. Great crowd and good food.

Post Edited (02-06-05 22:37)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302