View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Port Carnaveral Logistics

Marsha,
The Hampton Inn is only 3 miles down A1A from the port. It is right past Ron Jon's Surf Shop and Resort. I have stayed there many times and they offer a complimentary contentinental breakfast and there are many restaurants close by for dinner. There is also a Walmart and Target down the Causeway on Merritt Island for last minute items. I don't know if the hotel will let you park your car there during your cruise but I do know they don't have a shuttle. Many ppl use private shuttle services like Mears or Art. Parking at the port is just as easy from what we observed. I believe I read it was about $10/day.

We have also stayed at the Radisson and yes it is a beautiful hotel but it gets too crowded on cruise day with everyone pushing and shoving. They do not offer a complimentary continental breakfast and their restaurants are okay but expensive IMHO. Since you'll have a car, go to the port around 4 pm on Saturday and watch the other ships leave then eat dinner at Grill's. We printed a discount coupon off their website last year.

I agree with you about NASA, my sons loved it. I grew up on Merritt Island - Go Mustangs- and my father worked at Cape Canaveral in the 60's. Many good memories of different astronauts and launches, sad ones too.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Post Edited (02-08-05 16:43)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302