View Single Post
Old April 7th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: WE can't have flowers

Congratulations Heney, How special for your son to be a part of his parents special day. I can't believe the service or disservice you received. Like you said, now you will save a lot of money.

We renewed our vows for our 30th on the Star Princess in 2003. We booked it on the ship, the day after embarking for that Tuesday, our actual anniversary. We received the same as Ron plus a set of engraved wine glasses and a certificate signed by the Captain after he performed the ceremony in the chapel. They had all the candles lit going down the aisle and the ones right up front where we stood. We also had our own private photographer and he took a great picture of me during the ring exchange when my husband surprised me with a new ring. I still have my bouquet and his boutonniere. We got all this for only $150. Our wait staff also gave us special treatment that night with candles, wine and excellent service. It wasn't until a few days after we got home and were looking over all our charges on our sail and sign card that we realized we were never charged for it. While in Vegas for a family birthday party 2 weeks before, we renewed our vows at the same chapel that we eloped in. It cost over $200 for a lot less!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS to you both and making this a memorable moment for your whole family.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302