View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Big BIG problem : Voyager diverted from Bermuda

Every time a ship gets diverted or has any kind of an issue the same arguements come rolling out.
I'm on your side. I hope everyone gets a giant package of compensation. Personally
I don't think you will, but I hope you do.
I think everyone needs to read their cruise contract. I think everyone needs to think if rather than sailing to New England and Canada they would have been better off sailing for a day and a half through a tropical storm going to Bermuda. Spending 3 days on the island with rain and high wind and surf predicted every day. Then returning to NY back through the course of the storm. Would we then be reading how horrible the cruise was and why didn't the captain avoid the storm?
I hope those folks who went north enjoyed their time and made the most of it. I hope those who made it to Bermuda had better weather than was predicted. As I said above, Horizon and Zenith came in to all day rain on Monday and predictions of rain and thundershowers for Wednesday and Thursday.
If you dispute your card charge, be prepared for the cruise company to bring out your cruise contract. It clearly states the right to change the itinerary if necessary.
Good luck to you all.