View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:39 PM
Sharon Shigley

Default Re: Big BIG problem : Voyager diverted from Bermuda to Canad

This was my first cruise, and it was a nightmare. My kids were bored stiff and the weather was uncooperative. If the weather had reached even the mid-70's in Canada which is what the cruise line told us it would do, maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. I would think they would have researched the weather before choosing this destination, but what do I know? However, we were cold the entire cruise and had packed for Bermuda, and the ports of call offered no "activities" unless you enjoy sightseeing in a tour bus. The pool wasn't even available most of the time, so as far as I'm concerened, we weren't given a "comparable" itinerary. Royal Caribbean has only reimbursed us a lousy 45.20 per guest for the difference in port charges, and they refuse to do anything else. Everyone I tell of this experience cannot believe that RCI refuses to compensate its passengers. Personally, I will never sail with them again after this experience, if we even decide to ever cruise again.

If you hear from someone who had any luck getting reimbursed, please forward that info along to me. Good luck with your trip!