View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2003, 06:14 PM
Beginner

Default Amsterdam to Vienna

We are scheduled for this cruise beginning October 20th. Called Viking today and was told that all ports are going as scheduled. When I stated the problems encountered by others on this board (i.e., especially Joel in mid September on same itinerary), I was told that corporate knows nothing until the ground crew tells them. They have the authority to alter the ports and make any changes without telling anyone. It was suggested I call back closer to the cruise date. Despite the summer long problems and adjustments, I was told "we don't know anything".
The only bit of info was that the real problems are on the Elbe river in northern Germany.
I will have my travel agent call next week and see what they tell him - he's close to their headquarters and has done some business with them before. Plus we were going to do either the China or Russia cruises next year. I do not expect him to be able to "do" anything except be a witness and be a supporter if need be after the cruise. Additionally if his clients have negative feedback on a supplier he will discourage future bookings.
What irritates me is that we are very flexible and we would not cancel this trip despite the water problems even if given the opportunity. We really don't care what ports (aside from Amsterdam and Vienna of which we did the optional trip extensions) as we have been to Germany before. But we are death on bus trips. I just appreciate total honesty and would like to know what to expect.
Sponsored Links