View Single Post
Old October 12th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Shirley B

Default Re: Amsterdam to Vienna

Dear Diane--

The following excerpt from an e-mail I just received from a recent Viking cruiser is proof positive that the river levels on any given cruise at any given port on any given itinerary are unpredicable.

"We've just done the Amsterdam- Vienna (2 - 14 Sept). We appear to have got off very lightly. There was low water just past Regensburg (Straubing I think looking at the Wetteronline.de/pegel website) and we had to get off the Pride and onto the Europe but otherwise trip went ahead as planned. I presume they had had some rain just before we arrived which topped up the water levels. The only busing we did was to Passau. We thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Had great company, Fellow Brits as well as Americans and Rocky, Maitre D and Victor, House Manager on the Pride did a great job as did the staff."

Diane I hope that your upcoming cruise on the same Amsterdam Vienna itinerary fares as well--or even better.

You just never know...Wouldn't it have been unfortunate for everyone aboard--and Viking and travel agents, too--if Viking had cancelled the September 2-14 cruise simply because on the previous cruise the Pride or the Europe had gotten stuck in the mud!

One other thought, which no one has mentioned: When a ship doesn't sail, the crew members also suffer.

Shirley B