Thread: RE: Article
View Single Post
Old June 12th, 2001, 12:37 PM
Val from Santa Fe

Default RE: Article

My latest cruise was on the Norway in April, 2001. I had previously sailed on the Celebration and had a great time and great service and great food. I had heard that NCL was a step up from Carnival and had high hopes. It did not turn out that way. With glee the cruise director announced that over a quarter of the passengers were under 18! The crew did little to try and at least keep the kids from running through the halls at night. The level of service was not bad but was rather impersonnal. A few people stood out just by being friendly. Maybe that is what I missed. I liked the personal touch I felt on the Celebration.

I would have liked to see, on both trips, a history or cultural lecture about the ports (Not the normal port lecture). On the Norway the ship historian did speak for a few minutes about the Norway but that was 1 day out of the 7 day cruise!

I also noticed that many people were not acting in the more refined manner that I had expected. Perhaps we passengers are getting back what we are putting out. For me, remembering service staff persons names and asking them how they were doing kept my coffee cup full and brought me a smile each time I saw them.

Great article.
Sponsored Links