View Single Post
Old July 20th, 2001, 05:31 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Camp Carnival Abuse results Father gets kicked

While the cruise line did not act properly, I can only echo what some other folks have mentioned: If I had the slightest doubt that my child had problems with children's programs, I would cancel whatever excersions I had planned. I would also reconsider the idea of even bringing children younger than 5 or 6 on a cruise. They may be simply too young. Sue & Bill have it right in that children are only children for a shor time, so enjoy each age and stage while you can. I have been following this thread with interest as I have a six year old daughter, whom we will be taking on her first cruise. (It only seems like yesterday that I was taking her home from the hospital. I will probably be saying that on her wedding day as well!) My original plan was to have her with us most of the time, including excursions. We would use the children's programs only as an occasional break for her. After all, kids will want to hang out with other kids, not their parents all the time. After reading all this, I am begining to reconsider.