View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Captain

Default Passenger to space ratios?

As I understand it, there is a formula for calculating this ratio which is designed to inform as to the amount of guest-accessible space existing on a given ship. Generally, the higher the number, the less crowded the ship, and perhaps the more spacious the cabins. On some of your Ship Review pages, this ratio is given, and on some it is not, and I wish it were. That being the case, is there an on-line source where one can obtain this ratio for all ships in one place for easy comparisson? I've been able to obtain these ratio numbers for some of the ships we've been on, and from our experience they seem to be a valid predictor. We found a lot less lines and crowds on ships with a 68 ratio than on those with a 40, for example.

Another ratio I beleve is important is passenger to crew ratio as a predictor of service. While your Ship Review pages don't specifically give this, they do give guest capacity and crew number, so getting the ratio is a matter of simple division. But again, a comprehensive source for passenger to space ratio eludes me.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links