View Single Post
Old April 21st, 2002, 06:57 PM
First Mate

Default Price of Our Booking Dropped? Can we do Anything?

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me here. On 4/18 we booked passage on The Grand Princess for the Oct. 20, 2002- 7 Day Caribbean through our travel agency's on-line service. We've been confirmed, cabin assigned and deposit paid. It seemed like such a good deal we wanted to book it as soon as we found it.

In doing a little research on other travel sites, we've found cabins in the same catagory that we booked - Cat BB for $160.00 less. We even saw a Cat BA for slightly less than what we are paying. What can I do, if anything, to get the price dropped to the lower rate I've found?

The lower rates were through other travel sites. Can the agent I am dealing with now for this booking get the price dropped for me? How does that work? I tried to call over the weekend but the earliest I can contact her is Monday.

I know it may not seem like a huge difference but that could be the price of one round trip airfare! I'm happy with the cabin we selected, but if we could get the rate lowered it would just be icing on the cake.

Also- someone mentioned to me in email that Princess is doing some sort of promotion and that by filling out some forms on their web site we would get $100 dollars in shipboard credit? I did this but didn't see anything mentioned there about that. Would my agent be able to help me with that too?

I'm still a newbie novice learning the ins and outs here and would appreciate any help or advice you can give me.

We're booking our own airfare. On my confirmation we are being charged $10.00 each for "pre/post" packages. Does this mean transportation to and from the airport? It seems to be a mandatory charge. It's confusing. Does Princess offer transportation even if you don't book your airfare through them?

Sorry for all the confusing questions. If this message belongs in a different section let me know and I will gladly repost it there.

Thank you for all your help, once again.
deja

Carnival Triumph

booking soon - 10th anniversary cruise in August....
Sponsored Links