View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2003, 06:24 PM
Eric Drenckhahn

Default Re: ??? what if your cabin price continues to drop????

Be careful with who you book!!!

I booked a cruise a year ago with RCCL through icruise.com. Prices went down at RCCL. I called RCCL and they said "No problem, tell your travel agent and you will get the lower price".

Icruise.com said, too bad, so sad. You are within 71 days of cruising, no refund. Well I finally did get a refund ($370), but NEVER again through Icruise.com. Their quote "There will be no further compensation for price drops!".

Everyone knows that cruise prices go down towards the end. What's the incentive of booking with icruise.com? Poor pricing, bad attitude, headache.

If I book through Icruise, and the price drops at the cruise line within 71 days, I cannot get the lower price through Icruise even though I could get it if I booked at the cruise line directly.

Booking directly through RCCL would have been easier, or another travel agent. After all was said and done, the price I paid was the same as booking through RCCL. I thought on-line booking was supposed to be cheaper! Actually, it was a bit at first, but now that I know this, I will be avoiding icruise.com.

I booked a cruise at cruise.com a while ago, and they were much better. But I am not endorsing them either.