Thread: ghost
View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2003, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ghost

The St Augustine Lighthouse is supposed to be VERY haunted by at least 12 ghosts.
The most commonly seen are a keeper, who fell from the widow's walk of the light tower while painting it, and the 12 year old daughter of another keeper who drowned.

Every Halloween, History, Travel, or A&E channels have a special about haunted lighthouses. I visited St Auggie a few years ago after watching that special. I was alone in the most haunted room of the keeper's residence for a few minutes. If I had remembered that it was haunted I may heave been too spooked to go into that room.

Another haunted lighthouse is in St Simons, Georgia. It's supposed to be haunted by a keeper and assistant keeper who got into an internecine duel over the keeper's wife.

Intellectually I don't really believe in ghosts. But I also know that I can be psychologically prone to feel creepy about such tales. And I don't like having my pronability tested. There's no telling what I might imagine or dream. You should have seen me after I attended the premier of "Amityville Horror." I don't think I slept soundly for 3 or 4 days. It's kind of funny, really.

Did you know that Stephen King still checks under his bed every night for the Boogie man? Very interesting.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03