View Single Post
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Laurie M Laurie M is offline
Senior Member
First Mate
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 472
Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default permission for a minor to travel out of the country with mai

My niece and her 8 yr old daughter want to go on a 3 day cruise into Mexico with us in February. From what I understand, she has to get a notarized statement from her daughter's father saying that he has given permission for his daughter to leave the country with her mom. Does anyone know if this applies to a cruise to Mexico (....Ensenada, Baja California)? Although he has visitation rights (and pays child support), he hasn't taken advantage of those rights and hasn't seen his daughter in well over 3 years. My niece isn't even sure how to get a hold of him, and even if she does, it probably will be a very unpleasant meeting, for sure. The daughter DOES have a passport that her father must have signed for several years ago. By her having that passport, would it make it understood that he has given his permission for her to travel out of the country? Or is my niece going to have to track him down and get his notarized permission?

2/13/09 Carnival Paradise
2/22/09 Freedom of the Seas
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links