View Single Post
  #15 (permalink)  
Old August 10th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Stacy Stacy is offline
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 246
Default Re: permission for a minor to travel out of the country with

Laurie... you said your niece was never married to the father, does he have any legal right to the child, any visitation/custody rights? If he doesn't, then she shouldn't need his permission to take the child out of the country. And, if the child's birth certificate doesn't list him as the father, then that should be "proof" enough that there isn't a father who needs to give his persmission. Does that make sense? I think I'd be talking to my lawyer, not looking for a missing father figure. Perhaps a legal document that lists her as the ONLY legal parent would be all she needed.
Reply With Quote